Sunday, October 02, 2005

Chapter 1

As I take my first tentative steps into the blogging world, I am reminded of Bappi Lahiri's daughter Reema Lahiri. Her debut album Little Star was released sometime in the 80s. It was one of the first cassettes I possessed as a kid. And proud papa Lahiri introduced his daughter lovingly and said, "Sangeet ki duniya main ushka poila kadam...Aapka aashirwad dein...'' People did showers their blessings by the bucketful one assumes because Reema went on to sing beautiful songs like Old Mac Donald had a farm eeya eeya o, o ho ho, o ho ho, o eeya eeya o. And displayed a lot of humility by screaming I am a Little Star, little star, Main hoon little star... Oh and one more: Garmiyon ki chuttiyon main ghoomne ko jaayenge, papa ne promise kiya, kashmir woh dikhayenge, pa pa pa, pa pa pa.

I hope I get the requisite aashirwad from you people and I certainly hope my blogging career lasts slightly longer than her singing career did.

PS: Did you know she has brother too? He's called Bappa Lahiri and trust me he's definitely a chip of the old block. Also, Reema happens to be Bollywood queen Rani Mukherjee's childhood friend and got married last year to some firang Bong. She's not little anymore though. Twice my size and I am 80 kg.

3 Comments:

Blogger mad angles said...

Oh god, I just can't stop laughing at your last line. And belive me, if you go one to writing such blogs, full of your brand of bitchy, sarcy humour, you're blog's definitely gonna last longer that her career!

10:08 AM  
Blogger PS said...

Hum aash karte hain, ki aapki blog career bhi acchi huye, May God bleess you...

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, i do that the "Little Starts" album.. Back in 80s when i was a kid, i used to hear it all day long... i still have that cassette but its all scratched up :(
I wish i cud get its another copy somehow...

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home