Monday, April 17, 2006

But how can you?

Is it too big a deal if I quit my job without having got another? Frankly, to me, at this age, it isn't. I plan to study some more, get a decent job where I am able to interact with people who have a measuarble IQ and earn some big bucks. Not remain stuck in a place where I have to deal with people who think marital and martial are two words that can be used interchangeably. Or where some sub-editors have been known to ask questions like - what is load-shedding? Ahem, it's what happens to you when you join a weight-loss programme at VLCC. Or better still - It's a pubic disgrace- god, somebody forgot to put in a much-needed 'l'. But in my three-year career, I think this one's the best. There was this guy called M Rama Jois. One fine day in 2003, he was made the governor of Bihar or Jharkhand, don't remember which one. A woman at a newspaper I earlier used to work for changed the copy received from Bihar and referred to the former Supreme Court bigshot as a woman all through the copy. The next day she got a note from the editor which asked a rather simple question. Who's the ignoramus who performed the sex change operation on this man? That had the employees scared for a while till the next blooper of Jackie Chan, the great 'marital' expert came to town. Is it a wonder then that I want to quit this profession, job or no job? I guess not.
But every single person I talk to asks me, "But how can you think of doing that without another job in hand?" Today, I had a major argument with a superior and though usually I am the most calm person around, I really lost it. And screamed at him. Really SCREAMED. And am feeling much better now. But I think this has pretty much made me make up my mind. If I don't get a job within the next couple of weeks, I am going to quit anyway.

8 Comments:

Blogger mad angles said...

Me too man! I feel it an affront to be working with such people. am I that level? Surely not na?

7:48 AM  
Blogger Hyde said...

Love them bloopers.

Colleague calls my extension.

"I want to speak to Hyde."

"He is not at his desk."

"Why?"

7:54 AM  
Blogger Hyde said...

So what really happened? I was hoping to read a word-by-word account...

7:55 AM  
Blogger PS said...

Way to go!!! As you'd know only too well, most of us here feel the same way....so welcome to the club, I say :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger 8 by 52 said...

A word-by-word account would be too boring. I shouted. He shouted back. It was my turn again. And so on and so forth.

5:25 AM  
Blogger AB said...

Did the Hershey's make it any better?:) And were you referring to PPT?

12:43 AM  
Blogger 8 by 52 said...

Definitely. I could so with some more chocolate. Who's PPT?

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know whether you should quit. But you would know better and whatever decision you take, you better stick with it. Take care.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home