Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tagging along

Essar absolutely insists that I respond to her tag so without much ado, let me start...

I am thinking about...
A lot of things actually... About Shashi Tharoor. Not because of this entire UN hungama, but because of one of his short stories from 'Five-Dollar Smile'. The story talks about a writer and how he writes about all the people he interacts with, the friends he dines with, the women he has relationships with, the doctors who treat him, etc and how people end up becoming wary of interacting with him. Of late, each time I have a converstaion with AB and Essar, I get the same feeling: that I will next read about it on a blog. So, one of these days, and the day will come very soon (both of you be warned), I am going to blog about the conversations you have with me. AB, that includes the SOS messages I got from you yesterday and SR, I don't need to tell you what I am going to blog about (1-17, in case you still didn't get it!).
Am also wondering about a piece on mass hysteria that I read in HT the other day. It started off by talking about the Mahim meetha pani controversy, briefly touched upon Delhi's monkey man menace a few years back among other things before moving onto something called the Kuru (or Buru or some such epidemic) some decades back in the Far East. Men, ahem, were led to belive that a certain important part of their anatomy would shrink into their bodies as a result of the disease and the year 1937 saw hundreds of men rushing to doctors with their equipment held up by chopsticks to prevent it from shrinking into the body. Are people actually foolish enough to believe such a thing? I don't know, but I wonder.
Am also thinking about some of the wonderful serials starting on TV. The other day, I saw thsi hoarding at Nehru Place which declared 'Ladke vansh chalane ke liye hote hain aur ladkiyan seelai machine' , an ad for some new soap. Arrey bhai, ladkiyan sirf seelai machine chalayengi, to it's highly unilkely ki vansh aage chalega. Itna bada poster lagane se pehele soch to liya hota.

I said...
All men are bastards. I don't think the men I say it to appreciate my sentiments very much.

I refuse...
To do the same old ghisa-peeta stuff that people have done before me.

I want to...
Take a vacation, eat prawns, become thin and have more hair on my head than on my chin...

I wish...
I could go to Italy next week.

I hear...
Every little thing that people tell me, but I do only what I want to do.

I wonder...
If I could have been brought up in a different city... Would that have made a difference to what I am today?

I regret...
Lots of decisions but I have learnt my lessons from them.

I am...
Very different from what I am usually perceived to be.

I dance...
Only when I am at home. The music usually plays out in my head and then I dance...

I sing...
Rarely.

I cry...
Whenever I feel sad. And whenever I have a horrible argument or fight. Instead of getting aggressive and shouting my lungs out, I usually start crying coz I just hate to lose my temper.

I make with my hands....
These days, it's only Sunfeast pasta. And I have promised myself to go back to all the embroidery and knitting I used to do one of these days.

I write...
Apart from work, rarely.

I confuse...
Between Ben Affleck and Matt Damon though they both are no longer in the news (or at least as much as they used to be earlier.)

I need...
A DVD player (Yes, yes, I am a practical person). So AB and Essar, pool in and buy me one for my birthday. After all, we will not even be in the same city this time, next year.

9 Comments:

Blogger mad angles said...

Lol! That was really funny.

About your Shashi Tharoor analogy - now, come on, it wasn't that personal a thing I said - you cannot compare it to 17!

You know we can be in the same city - or same area at least - if you follow my advice about that thing.
But the thought makes me sad.

12:51 AM  
Blogger AB said...

I can't imagine us not being in the same city. So let's not talk about that. Whom will I send such SOSes to otherwise?;)

The thing about you being perceived differently is so true...I remember at IIMC when I refused to tell you about you-know-who and was at the same time telling M and R about him, you were bitingly rude. Till we took a walk outside at night on the campus. Was it then that we started becoming friends?

1:26 AM  
Blogger sinusoidally said...

About Italy, yeah I wish that too...

7:02 AM  
Blogger 8 by 52 said...

Essar: Like I always say, it's a question of perspective, darling.

AB: Oh, yes! That handsome guy from Hindi journalism was waiting for you outside the library. How good-looking he was, who could you hide from him?
We took several walks, one of which I disntinctly remember coz you insisted on walking up to the IIMC gate to see if that couple was kissing or if we were hallucinating.

Sinusoidally: Yeah, don't we all?

11:40 PM  
Blogger SwB said...

:) people should tag you more often!

Hope all is well. Cheers!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaargh! What is this I hear about different cities???

7:28 AM  
Blogger AB said...

Ha ha I had completely forgotten about that kissing couple thingy!!:) And ew is the word you are looking for, I mean wrt you know who...

2:26 AM  
Blogger 8 by 52 said...

I am heading into hibernation and will surface only in November. Keep blogging, but AB and SR, no more posts with references to me, ok?
SwB: All's definitely much better than before.

Toe Knee: Well, we will not all of us remain where we are all our lives, you know. People move on, poepel change, peopel evolve... and that's the way to be I feel.

AB: But he was such a sweetheart. Even better than your other lurve RN who still loves you so much.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far, so true.
You stir the soul.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home