Thursday, November 08, 2007

Random rubbish on Diwali eve

It's the day before Diwali.

I am quite bored. I have no money and yet, I have an amazing urge to splurge. I just went and saw Jab We Met. All alone; which is some kind of a Diwali tradition with me. One year, I saw Mughal-e-Azam, another year it was Veer Zaara. And so off I went today. The moment I realises OSO tickets were available, I bought one of those as well for tomorrow.

Then I had a large popcorn in the interval. What's a movie without butter popcorn! While walking out, I picked up a Rs 20-burger as well. Came back to my room and wanted to order a pizza, thankfully the pizza guy refused to honour the coupon I had.

So, in my desperation I took the two tomato ketchup sachets that McD's had given me and started trying to tear them. I managed to have the first one (for the uninformed, I never ever have ketchup, but this is what hard times do to one). I couldn't tear the second one. I used my hands, then my teeth, then the two in combination, looked around for scissors couldn't find them, tried using my watch, didn't work. After 15 minutes, I succeeded.

I suspect it's the dengue which is making me do all this. First thing in the morning, I want water and lots of it. I feel like having juice all the time. And I want to eat meat all the time. And while the wishlist is on, I don't want to have anything to do with studies.

For those of you who don't know, I was in hospital with dengue for about three days. Missed college for about 10 days. But had the most amazing food there; loads of pineapple, pasta, Chinese, platefuls of chicken and yummy potatoes.

I had planned to read all the ET copies that I missed while I was sick. Instead, I have been gtalking, yahoomessengering, blogging and watching Friends on the lappy.

Time to get prepared for Diwali tomorrow. My annual Diwali routine consists of taking out the ghagra-choli that someone got me from Ahmedabad and wearing it on Diwali evening- each year, without fail. That's the only time I wear it actually. And then I pretend to enjoy lighting the crackers which my grandparents get. It entertains them. At 9 pm, we have dinner and then we go to sleep by 10.30. And yet another boring Diwali comes to an end. It makes me want to go back home and have a gala time like we used to when we were kids, but some journeys are rather difficult to undertake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home